Screencast script
How to write an email to a client without committing any mistakes?
Introduction
Hello everybody, my name is Garen, and I am in the Organizational Management program at Montmorency College. I have been in this program for about 2 years now, and it is coming to an end in this winter session. By next year, I will continue my studies at a university and in a program that is related to all of the courses I have taken for the past two years. The program that I have been in teaches me all subjects related to mathematics, finance, business, and economy. I have a huge interest in finance and all that is related to it. Therefore, a career that I am working for is to become a financial advisor.
The Problem
As a financial advisor, writing emails to clients will be a regular task that I will need to complete. It is known that the vocabulary I must use in an economical work field is already hard to understand and to explain to clients who aren't as familiar with the terms and words that I will be using. Therefore, it is important to write these emails with clarity and no mistakes to not add any difficulty into their understanding of the topic of the email. Sometimes, it's hard to find the time to check for errors in an email before sending it out and for that reason, in this video, I will demonstrate how to use the website Virtual Writing Tutor to help you quickly check your grammar mistakes before sending out emails to clients.
The Quest
To start, open a new browser and click on your address bar at the top left of your screen. Type out the URL which is virtualwritingtutor.com and click enter. Once the website is open, at the top left of your screen, you will see the logo for the website and at the top right of your screen you will see the Conversolo logo, which is another great website to use. If you wish to share the website to others, you can by clicking on any of the icons at the bottom right of your screen. To continue, the navigation menu includes essay tests, writing tools and lessons that can help you depending on your need. For this video, we will be using the text box that is found in the middle of the screen. As you can see, this text box has numerous functions such as checking your grammar. Now, if we look at the bottom of the text box, we can see that there is a microphone icon, which can help you to practice your pronunciation and a button that will transform your text into a speech to hear the correct way of saying it.
The Solution
To continue, I will now demonstrate an example of a sentence filled with mistakes to show you how to use the features of the website to solve all the grammar errors in an email. " Hello Mr. Bob , I am writting to u today to follow up the last appointment we had a week ago and to give update you about you're decision." Once you have written your email, all you have to click either on the "Improve Writing" button or the "Grammar Check" button. The "Improve Writing" button will show you all your mistakes, give an explanation to them and even automatically correct your sentence. The "Grammar Check" button will show you your mistakes, word count, the number of errors
The Conclusion
**************************************************************
Statistics
Word count: 580
Total MP3 length: 02:33
Target structure count: 11
Error count: 7
Error density: 2%
Comments
Post a Comment